#1: Confident Body Language
- Open your shoulders.
- Don't cross your arms across your front or draw back your torso.
- Smile! Flash a big, broad smile when you see or meet someone, but don't fake it through the whole conversation or it loses its power.
- Use hand gestures.
- Have a good, firm handshake (but don't death grip them!)
- Point your toes towards them, this tells their subconscious that you're interested in talking to them.
#2: Eye Contact
#3: Make Yourself Similar
- Mirror their body language. This tells their subconscious that you like them and can be a powerful way to get them to like you without realizing why!
- Dress like them! Our friends at Science of People found that a raffle-ticket salesperson dressing like his ideal customers improved his sales significantly.
- Talk about something you have in common and then ask about that when you see them at different times. Also use it as a springboard to find what else you have in common. For example, you might say: "Oh, you have to take your son to basketball practice? I just went to a game at the new stadium in Sacramento and it was really something!" But finding things to talk about that are shared interests are one of the biggest keys to getting people to like you.
Also, check out our friends Science of People, who have lots of great people tips for you.